evcX Throttle Controller to suit TOYOTA ALPHARD 2015 - ON (AH30 - 3rd Gen)
EVC evolved, EXPLORE the power of your vehicle with the wireless-enabled evcX Throttle Controller.
• App controlled
• Ultimate9 TC app - iOS/Android compatible
• 8 Driving modes, 32 levels of adjustability
• Lock Mode
• 10-minute installation, 100% plug & play
• Removable user interface with dual USB-C plug ports
• 30-day money-back guarantee
• Limited lifetime replacement warranty
THE evcX THROTTLE CONTROLLER
At the touch of your screen, explore 8 driving modes, a handy Lock Mode and 32 levels of sensitivity. The evcX Throttle Controller transforms your throttle response like never before.
Retaining the four classic modes from our EVC Throttle Controller, evcX sees the addition of 4 new driving modes and a throttle immobiliser for added security - Lock Mode.
Navigate modes & levels more efficiently with our Ultimate9 TC App, offering control over the evcX through your Apple or Android phone.
Choose either a light or dark theme with red, orange or blue interface colours.
A vibrant white OLED display incorporating a built-in light sensor dims the display at night.
More modes. More settings. More security.
Loaded full of new features, evcX places throttle control into the palm of your hand. With 8 Driving modes, 32 levels of adjustability, and a highly anticipated Lock Mode.
Developed just for the evcX, the Ultimate9 TC App offers wireless control to eXplore its array of new modes, levels, and layouts at the touch of a screen.
The iconic EVC driver interface remains - receiving a fresh look that offers greater freedom in dashboard mounting, with dual USB-C ports and new mounting options. Its larger OLED (Organic Light Emitting Diode) interface delivers comprehensive on-screen information and incorporates a self-dimming feature - activating as it senses a change in ambient lighting.
- Ultimate9 Mode: For maximum throttle enhancement. Ultimate9 mode instantly sets the pedal response to our highest setting.
- Ultimate Mode: Enhance your throttle response and choose from 9 levels of sensitivity to fine-tune your vehicle's response.
- Launch Mode: Improve those takeoffs with controlled, maximum throttle enhancement. Launch Mode's initial response is modified compared to Ultimate9 mode to try and reduce wheel spin & increase traction.
- Adapt Mode: Take the guesswork out. Let Adapt Mode choose the best Ultimate throttle response based on your pedal input.
- Eco Mode: Subdue your initial throttle response for greater control on loose, uneven surfaces such as when off-road. With 9 levels to choose from, Eco Mode is great for off-road, heavy traffic and low-speed towing manoeuvres. Try your luck and see if you can gain more economy from your vehicle!
- Anti-Slip Mode: Reduce your throttle response and limit your RPM to help increase traction. With 9 levels of sensitivity, gain more control when navigating slippery surfaces such as snow, ice and mud.
- Valet Mode: Designed for parking, Valet Mode reduces throttle response whilst limiting the available throttle to provide approximately 50% maximum RPM.
- Factory Mode: Replicates factory throttle settings, ideal for sharing your vehicle with an unfamiliar driver
- Lock Mode: Add an extra level of security to your vehicle. Block all throttle input from the accelerator pedal and immobilise your vehicle.
The evcX is easily installed by the at-home mechanic in less than 15 minutes; simply connect in-line between the factory plug and throttle pedal assembly. The evcX driver interface can be placed on the dash or console of the vehicle.
*Please note: due to LED lights, the driver interface should be positioned so as not to distract the driver.*
Ultimate9 TC App:
Simple to use, this app allows you to easily explore your evcX's layouts, colour schemes, modes and sensitivity levels. Free to install via the Apple App Store, Google Play or QR code provided in the evcX instructions.
Wirelessly pair your App to your evcX according to instructions - there's no need for mobile data or WiFi to adjust your controller’s settings via your smartphone.
• Digital Display: OLED
• OLED Colour: White
• Driver Interface Dimensions: (L) 51 x (W) 32 x (H) 8 mm
• Technology: Bluetooth 4.0
evcX Frequently asked questions
How easy is it to install?
The evcX Throttle Controller is very easy to install!
It is developed as a plug & play product, requiring no tools or modifications and takes no longer than 15 minutes to install.
With plugs designed to suit OEM specifications, it's as simple as unplugging the throttle pedal's plug, securing the controller into the pedal, and then clipping the factory plug back into the top of the controller.
Once the controller is fitted, all that's left is to find a location on your dash to place the driver interface!
*We suggest positioning the screen so that the brightness of the LED display does not distract the driver.*
Is it safe to use?
Yes! Our evcX Throttle Controllers are 100% safe to use.
As part of development, we test the controllers to ensure they do not override or impede any vehicle safety features. Each controller is also then subject to a quality control test before packaging.
Controllers developed for newly released vehicles are also stringently tested before their release to ensure optimal performance & compatibility.
Once that's all said and done, we further support our evcX Throttle Controllers by backing them with a limited lifetime replacement warranty & 30-day money-back guarantee. So you have confidence & peace of mind in your purchase.
Can it be used with other performance products?
Absolutely! In fact, our evcX Throttle Controllers are a great compliment to many aftermarket performance modifications.
Performance mods such as ECU Tune, Dyno Tune, ECU Remap, Power Chip or ECU Reflash focus on many parameters outside your throttle pedal response. Parameters like fuel injection, ignition timing, boost pressure, etc. And, while some tuners also include pedal mapping in their services, it is also often non-adjustable.
The true benefit of our evcX Throttle Controller lies in is its adjustability. With 8 driving modes and 32 levels of adjustability to choose from, you can now tune your throttle response to suit any driving style or conditions.
This adjustability lets you better control the influence & effectiveness of your other performance modifications.
A perfect example of this is if your Tune/Chip/Remap may be too aggressive, like driving off-road or in wet conditions. With the evcX, now you can subdue your throttle response and have far more control over the power to your wheels.
Alternatively, if you have the power but suffer from lag or means to access your optimal power range, the controller can enhance your throttle response!
Is it good for towing?
"The difference it makes in Towing is absolutely unbelievable."
- Shaun Whale (4WD 24/7 Presenter & Offroad Legend)
Towing benefits greatly from our evcX Throttle Controller, offering the ideal throttle response for just about any Towing situation.
Enhancing your throttle response helps to alleviate low down lag & drag, improving your take off. With Ultimate Mode, you'll be able to speed more quickly & efficiently - improving the overall driveability of your vehicle whilst towing.
Likewise, subduing your throttle response in Eco Mode conveniently affords you far more control of your throttle, great for low-speed towing manoeuvres where you don't want to jerk or jar the throttle - potentially overcorrecting yourself.
Why can't I just push my pedal harder?
Your factory pedal has set parameters or bounds. These parameters can't be overridden by physical input, i.e. pushing your foot harder, faster or further.
It doesn't matter how fast or far you push your pedal - the factory parameters will deliver the throttle response previously defined. The only way to alter the response is to electronically override it with new throttle parameters, achieved by fitting our evcX Throttle Controller.
With the controller in Ultimate Mode, you can introduce an enhanced throttle curve, modifying the torque request sent through to the throttle tables in the ECU. This request then actuates the throttle faster, so you can get to wide open throttle at a faster rate.
Likewise, with the evcX in Eco Mode, we are introducing a subdued throttle curve, dampening your throttle response below factory parameters. Something that can not be replicated by your foot, no matter how lightly you ease on the throttle.
While our EVC Throttle Controller doesn't add top-end horsepower, it does improve acceleration ramp up power, the amount of accessible power when you plant your foot at either a stopped or rolling takeoff.
I'm experiencing an issue or am having trouble connecting the device to the app.
A common cause for connection issues between apps and relevant devices can be traced back to location services being disabled. These services might have been disabled either in the application during installation or in the phone's general settings.
To resolve this:
- Find the app you wish to use in your phone's SETTINGS menu.
- Find the LOCATION setting within the settings > [App] menu and make sure to enable or allow this setting.
- If this did not resolve your issue, check that your phone's overall location services are also on.
Why do location services have to be enabled when Bluetooth is enabled?
While some applications do not require your location to function, they will require MAC addresses (Media Access Control). The MAC unique identifier is used to confirm the app is communicating with the correct device, i.e. your evcX Throttle Controller.
When location services are disabled, this can prevent apps from accessing a device's MAC identifier to communicate the correct information.